An Indian Cafe in Haa Valley



On our last day in Bhutan, I was craving some Indian food because honestly, Bhutanese cuisine was something I couldn’t get adjusted to. The frigid weather was still bearable I would say.
I mean, it’s not that bad if you’re someone who loves red hot chillies in every dish that lacks flavour. Well, Khewa Datshi (potato and cheese) was something I ate throughout because everything else was too spicy for me.

The last few days were spent at a homestay in Haa Valley which is one of the most isolated valleys in Bhutan, so there are hardly any restaurants around.
Luckily we found an Indian Cafe on our way back and we sat by the window. I held the menu with names of dishes that I was familiar with and it suddenly felt like home. “Chicken and Butter Naan with a cup of black tea” I smiled. The person who took the order walked to his desk and connected his phone to the speakers. I think he played Kal ho Naa ho.

Comments

Popular Posts