God spelled backwards


No matter how hard you love, you have to let go of your lovers someday. They come in all shapes and colors: enduring love, familial love, romantic love, selfless love…….It’s a curious thing, the loss of a loved one. I live knowing that this day isn’t so far off. You’d never want to put yourself through that, but you have to! It’s inevitable. Some of us live like we’ve accepted this truth. I’m yet to come to terms with it. What happens then? Will I mourn for weeks and months? Or will I go into shock? Will I eventually forget my lovers like I left those paper boats in the river? What happens if I can’t recollect something I’ve touched so dearly? Where do those forgotten memories go? I don’t think people take it too seriously about cherishing their lovers; well, until they’re framed into a glass chamber hung up on walls. Some of us take years to realize this; some of us just need a dog in our life. ♾

Comments

Popular Posts