Memories of Chennai

 
I could post a picture of us, together, a picture that went through many filters and angles which is everything but us. And then I thought, wouldn't that be cliche? won't it get buried among the other messages, posts and stories you get tagged to on this very day? So I found this from the last time we met. The time I sat by the kitchen counter watching you make fish fry and talk for hours together. The day we attended Ann's graduation wearing that pretty black kurta your mom stitched. And this very night, when we caught a bus, a shared auto, a train and roamed the busy streets of Chennai. This very November night is so vivid, although I dont remember a thing we spoke, I still know how it felt like to walk on the sandy beach, the sound of waves and the feeling of salty sea breeze on my skin. I wish we were closer you know? I wish we still wrote letters to our future self and met as often as we did back in school. I wish our memories were more recent than 2 years ago. I wish it hadn't been this way that I had to write a long ass caption just to wish you a happy birthday. So, cheers to everything that has taken place ever since we grew out of our school uniforms to everything that's going to transpire until we've turned grey. I think I should stop. Godspeed.

Comments

Popular Posts