Wrong Era


We were listening to Paint it Black by The Rolling Stone. That’s when she said “I’m stuck in the wrong era, I wish i’d been born back in the 70s. Back when Funk, Soul and Hard Rock carved their place in the music world. Back when some of the best rock and roll of all times were recorded. From Led Zeppelin to Pink Floyd. The golden era of vinyl records. I want to live in the time when Beatles dissolved and cry my heart out and sing “Can’t help falling in love” by Elvis to my lover. I wish I’d known “Carry on my wayward son” by Kansas way before they released supernatural on the television. I wish I grew up with tape recorders/cassettes that would play the Bohemian Rhapsody and Hotel California on loop. Wish I could go on a road trip playing “Highway to Hell” and scream my lungs out. Wish I’d been born back in the 70s, it feels like I’m stuck in the wrong era.”

Comments

Popular Posts