Strange Love


It's strange how I find the kindness and love, that I look for within myself, In you.
When my imperfections grew into my skin because you learned to accept them more than I did.
How I built walls made of glass and an uninvited guest took his place within the shattered pieces.
When the pain was a kiss on my chapped lips when love was winter nights and cosy blankets and loneliness were me without you.
I've smiled more, thinking of mayflowers, fireflies and the smell of rain. Everything around me, turned into poetry etched on the blank pages of my journal. And more often, in my heart.
I wish this remains, for as long as how long forever is.
I'll wait for the winds to brush my cheeks with the warmth of love, for the sky to change to the colour of your skin and for us to build a home together.

Comments

Popular Posts