Nizhal Tharum Idham, Putham Pudhu Kaalai: Vidiyaadha


Shobi receives the news of her father's death, so she returns to her hometown in Pondicherry. It's been a tough battle for her to deal with an existential crisis and understand her relationship with her father. She scrolls through the last texts sent to her dad, "I'll speak to you soon, Appa," it reads. She can't grieve, nor can she understand why she's been distant from people. 

Curling up in her father's jacket, she sits in his bedroom, contemplating her life from when her mother passed away to her leaving Pondicherry. "I would always wonder why you're like this. It makes me so angry, but then, when no one's around, I realize that; I, too, am like you, Appa." She cries. It doesn't take her too long to discover the redemptive power of accepting grief. 


| Nizhal Tharum Idham, Putham Pudhu Kaalai: Vidiyaadha 




Comments

Popular Posts