Women In My Life

Self Portrait

An ode to the girl who wore dresses and pretty shoes, who embossed her eyes with a liner and let those curls play with the wind. The girl I was and will never be. 
Thanks for existing ❤


Metamorphosis

I struggle with words to describe you and what you've taught me as a child to an adult and everything that came in between. Maybe if I ever put together a trail of memories, it will only be half said. Like they say "some things are better left unsaid." Thanks for raising me up.
For the woman I am now, I'm half of you.❤


Fortitude

You're stronger than you think you are. Everyone who knows your story would know what I mean. I'm blessed to have you in my life, from a friend to a family. 

Thanks for inspiring me with that kickass attitude, optimism and courage. You're one among those women every woman needs to learn from.


Steadfast

Ever had childhood dreams? 
Ever wondered why you left them stranded half way and changed your mind? They say most people don't become what they've always dreamt to be as a child. Well, some people are destined to fulfil those dreams no matter what. 
Thank you for making me realise there's truth in perseverance and that hard work pays off someday. I've always looked up to your stick-to-it-iveness and your never-give-up attitude. Now, I believe in my dreams as much as I believe in myself. ❤



Home




The one who gives the warmest hugs, a shoulder to cry on, my patient listener, who held on to me when I was at my worst, whose family I can call my second home and who taught me to place family above all. 
Ever had a Baymax in real life? 
Well, here's mine. 

Constant

You've always been and will always be my go-to place. 
Here's to us, to school days, to secret crushes, to heartbreaks, to being in two different cities, to your impromptu visits to Bangalore, to once in a blue moon but never-ending phone calls, to late night texting, to letters to the future us(remember?), to everything magical, to everything charlie-like! 
Thanks for being the 'Tessa' of my life. The girl with magic in her eyes and the one who sees what others don't. I guess I've imbibed that from you. ❤


Celestial

Maybe, home isn't where you are right now, it's where you'll finally be, a place you've never been to before. A home away from home. 
Maybe home wasn't a place, after all, it was a person. ❤

Comments

Popular Posts